May 19th, 2022
All current Resident students interested to continue to live in the Residence Halls during the 2022-2023 academic year only are asked to note the following:
- Online Housing Application will be open from 19th May, 2022 and will close by 23rd May, 2022 at 4:30 PM.
- This application is applicable for current 1st & 2nd year students only.
- Students wishing to be roommates, should submit a combined application (ONE APPLICATION ONLY).
- Room type allotment will be done on FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.
- Allotment will be for yearlong occupancy only.
- This is NOT APPLICABLE for the day scholars.
- In case a boarding student doesn’t submit his/her application within the stipulated time, the residential status will be considered as that of a Day-Student. The SSD will not entertain any adjustments and students will be expected to make their own arrangement for their stay. Further status for the following semester will be that of a Day scholar.
This is to inform you that the Student Government Election (Non-Executive members) will be conducted on Friday,20 May 2022 from 9 am-5 pm.
The online google form for the voting will be circulated to your RTC mailing address on the aforementioned date and time.
The nomination form should be submitted to Mr.Tashi Wangdi, SSD latest by Thursday,2 May 2022 before
For more details, syllabus and registration, click here:
Every Wednesday maintenance will be conducted from 9.30AM- 1:00 PM.
Booking Procedure for students
- Booking/confirmation of the RTC football field should be routed through Student Services Department (SSD). The booking form is available at the SSD. or click to download
- To fully confirm the booking and for immediate booking confirmation of the slot, a student will need to dully fill up the booking form mentioning 14 or a complete one team unique enrolment numbers of the same gender.
- Football field shall be available for use only on a pre-booking. Bookings will be on first-come-first-served-basis. Fixed bookings or blanket reservations will NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
- Students may continue using the football field if there are no bookings made or when students don’t show up after booking.
- No teams will be allowed to book the football field more than one game a day.
- RTC Students will not be charged for games during academic sessions, however during semester breaks they will be charged a fee for the use of the football field if they wish to play.
- No spectators are allowed while conducting Sports tournaments.
- Students will not be allowed to invite outsiders as opponents.
Ground rules for football field (Dos & Don’ts)
- Please adhere to the time schedule and respect your opponents.
- The football field and changing rooms are smoke free zone. Anyone found in violation will be penalized.
- Please take care of your belongings. RTC will be not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Vandalism and graffiti will be dealt seriously.
- All waste should be disposed properly in the bins provided.
- No pets are allowed.
- The schedule is subject to change according to the feedback.
You may contact the RTC IT Support Team as follows:
2. Drop a message on the: RTC IT Support Facebook Page
3. Connect via the RTC IT Support WhatsApp
4. Dial the dedicated IT Support Hotline Number (77457548)
Courtesy, Ministry of Health (MOH).
Additional options for students to access rtcCloud online resources
Mirroring from rtcCloud on-campus (cloud.rtc.bt) to Google Shared Drive and Microsoft OneDrive:
Dear RTC community members: As per the appeal notification from the Ministry of Health, individuals are requested to avoid visiting hospitals and other health facilities if you do not have any illness. However, anyone should contact health officials via phone if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms; please contact the COVID19 toll-free number hotline 2121 (We appeal everyone to refrain from making prank calls to the hotline numbers – this is unhelpful and calls are traced).
The COVID19 Flu Clinic in Thimphu is open 24/7 and is located at the Helipad, Royal Bhutan Police (RBP) Campus below Jigme Dorji Wangchuck National Referral Hospital (JDWNRH).
(Photo credit @kuenselonline.com)
The Administration Office would like to inform all that the second gate near the Academic Block A has been shifted close to the Executive Center area and will remained closed as per existing practice/timings. Also, the parking beyond Academic Block A including Executive Center Parking is EXCLUSIVELY for authorised vehicles only, and the area upwards of previous second gate including Executive Center Parking is strictly a NO THOROUGH FARE zone as per signage already placed.
Unless prior approval is obtained from the Administration/Security Office, please note that your vehicle is not an authorized vehicle to be parked at the Executive Center Parking or any parking beyond the Academic Block A, and that Security has been asked to monitor strictly. Vehicles found parked at these location without approval will be asked to remove it immediately at any time and penalties will be levied accordingly.
Please take note of the above and comply with the sign board placed (copied below) and render kind cooperation to the Security Team who has been asked to monitor the area strictly.
Effective immediately, the Admin Office, in conjunction with Estate & SSD offices is pleased to announce that the newly built laundry unit is now fully operational. The new laundry unit is located close to the college dining/mess, roughly about 20m from the RTC-SEISA Fitness Centre.
With this, the existing Laundry Shop located below the dining will be consolidated and relocated at the new unit with immediate effect. The AFD would like to thank the current Laundry Shop which was run and managed by the students.
With an enhanced set up and dedicated staff attached, the new laundry unit is expected to operate for longer hours and provide better services.
The students are directed to go through the following two Policies in the Student hand Book:
21. Tobacco Policy
22. Alcohol & Drug Policy
It has been observed & reported that these 2 Policies are not being heeded to, whereby rampant smoking in the college premises is evident, controlled substances are being abused and dispersed, thereby making the College environment unconducive to learning.
Therefore all the students are hereby notified that STRICT MONITORING will be exercised, to the extent of being frisked whenever deemed necessary. And if found violating the policies, will be subject to disciplinary action.
PLEASE DON’T FEED DOGS ON CAMPUS
In view of the increasing dog population on campus, all students, faculty & staff are requested NOT TO FEED dogs on campus. Also, please DON’T ENTERTAIN or PATRONIZE them at any facility – Apartments, Academic spaces, Canteens, Dining Hall, Residence Halls, etc.
Please beware that these dogs are increasingly becoming menacing and could be dangerous.
Therefore, in the interest of your safety as well as the wellbeing of others, please refrain from feeding or patronizing the dogs on campus.