On Wednesday (14th October) afternoon, RTC came together for the Annual Prize Award day ceremony, celebrating students achievements in their academics.
The ceremony was graced by His Excellency Lyonpo Jai Bir Rai, Minister for Education, Ministry of Education.
The Academic office is pleased to publish the award winners (President's, Dean's, and Topper's List).
Click the link below for the detail list of recipients:
The certificate can be collected from the academic office during office hours.
CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners!!
The RTC-FRIENDS program is holding a virtual film festival as part of the European Commission’s Erasmus Days 2020 initiative on 17th October from 1PM onwards.
Representing RTC is Kezang Dechen Choden with her digital story “The New Culture”.
Visit the Erasmus Plus Friends page on Facebook to check out her short film and also the films from the participants of other universities. Like, Comment and Share to support the video that you liked most before the 17th of October.
Page link: https://www.facebook.com/friendserasmusplus.
The following students are selected for the post of IT Lab Assitants for fall 2020.
|Sl. No||Enroll #||Name||Program||Year|
|1||104490||Yogita Tamang||BSc Env Mgt||3|
|2||104420||Deep Manzil Rasaily||BA Anthro||1|
IT Lab Assistant Schedule, 2020
|Monday||Deep Manzil Rasaily||5:00PM to 8:00PM|
|Tuesday||Yogita Tamang||5:00PM to 8:00PM|
|Wednesday||Yogita Tamang||5:00PM to 8:00PM|
|Thursday||Deep Manzil Rasaily||5:00PM to 8:00PM|
|Friday||Deep Manzil Rasaily||5:00PM to 8:00PM|
|Saturday||Yogita Tamang||2:00PM to 5:00PM|
|Sunday||Alternate||5:00PM to 8:00PM|
Note* The IT Lab Assistants will be situated in the Library.
All the interested students who want to apply to this year Mekong Business Challenge (MBC) 2020-2021. Please get in touch with the Business club members and Mentor Sir Gagan Mongar.
If you have not yet submitted your application you still can apply. Last date to make your submission to the MBC is 15th of November.
The team will be provided with mentoring to develop their business idea, set networks and will be facilitated to apply to Mekong Business Challenge.
Business Club members:
For more information Visit:
Every Wednesday maintenance will be conducted from 9.30AM- 1:00 PM.
Booking Procedure for students
- Booking/confirmation of the RTC football field should be routed through Student Services Department (SSD). The booking form is available at the SSD. or click to download
- To fully confirm the booking and for immediate booking confirmation of the slot, a student will need to dully fill up the booking form mentioning 14 or a complete one team unique enrolment numbers of the same gender.
- Football field shall be available for use only on a pre-booking. Bookings will be on first-come-first-served-basis. Fixed bookings or blanket reservations will NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
- Students may continue using the football field if there are no bookings made or when students don’t show up after booking.
- No teams will be allowed to book the football field more than one game a day.
- RTC Students will not be charged for games during academic sessions, however during semester breaks they will be charged a fee for the use of the football field if they wish to play.
- No spectators are allowed while conducting Sports tournaments.
- Students will not be allowed to invite outsiders as opponents.
Ground rules for football field (Dos & Don’ts)
- Please adhere to the time schedule and respect your opponents.
- The football field and changing rooms are smoke free zone. Anyone found in violation will be penalized.
- Please take care of your belongings. RTC will be not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Vandalism and graffiti will be dealt with seriously.
- All waste should be disposed properly in the bins provided.
- No pets are allowed.
- The schedule is subject to change according to the feedback.
Bhutan New Venture Challenge (BNVC) 2020
‘A separate category for students’
for detail please visit;
MoLHR's website: https://www.molhr.gov.bt/molhr/?p=33702#more-33702
Direct Link to apply: https://forms.gle/B6KWia44qDVqbYoj7
Please note that most of the key activities will be conducted online for BNVC.
Career Development Office, AAD
Additional options for students to access rtcCloud online resources
Mirroring from rtcCloud on-campus (cloud.rtc.bt) to Google Shared Drive and Microsoft OneDrive:
This is to inform all students who have availed pre-paid card for city bus service for Spring Semester 2020 that the Admin Office in close coordination with the City Bus Office is finalizing the details for refund of the pre-paid fares for the unused portion for Spring Sem. 2020. The refunds will be processed soon and details will be communicated once the refund is ready. Please allow some time for the adjustment and finalization of these refunds, although the college and city bus officials will be looking to expedite the refunds as best as it can. Please note that:
- For final years, the amount will be refunded
- For 2nd and 1st years, the amount will be credited towards bus fare for Fall Semester 2020
Details regarding refund and any formalities will be notified later.
For any clarification, please contact following officials:
- Mr Dawa Drakpa, Admin Officer, RTC: 02-351801/2 (Ext: 139)
- Mr Pem Tshering, Sr Admin Officer, RTC: 02-351801/2 (Ext: 108)
Looking forward for your kind patience and cooperation.
If you have not already done so, this is an important reminder -- any current RTC student should fill out this mobile contact number verification form immediately. Ensure that you are logged in to your browser with your @rtc.bt email account, not a separate personal gmail or other account, and then follow this link.
Those who have already completed the form, if you are current RTC students with no pending dues, and are not currently on-campus: you should have begun receiving mobile data top-ups on your registered numbers. RTC has been discussing and negotiating with the telecoms (BT and TCell) on special packages for you-- the top-ups are at your respective 499 rate packages, and will also get a 60% additional data bonus to be added shortly (in case the bonus has not come through yet already). The same will apply to any others still on campus once they leave campus. Although our hostels are closing, all students will be able to remain connected and stay current with their studies.
Please DO exercise some discipline in how you use up this data. The validity period is one month, and it would be appropriate to utilize this towards your academic needs only. Do not accidentally use up excessive data -- follow "low-data mode" tips on the RTC Information Technology Support page (https://www.facebook.com/RTCITSupport/). It will be expected that students stay in full engagement with their academics.
This is an interim plan: The government and telecoms are also engaged in developing nationwide plans for ALL students, and these are expected to roll out in April. It is important that you have your correct mobile number registered with us, as we need to submit this information to the Education authorities.
With best wishes,
Royal Thimphu College management
Dear RTC community members: As per the appeal notification from the Ministry of Health, individuals are requested to avoid visiting hospitals and other health facilities if you do not have any illness. However, anyone should contact health officials via phone if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms; please contact the COVID19 toll-free number hotline 2121 (We appeal everyone to refrain from making prank calls to the hotline numbers – this is unhelpful and calls are traced).
The COVID19 Flu Clinic in Thimphu is open 24/7 and is located at the Helipad, Royal Bhutan Police (RBP) Campus below Jigme Dorji Wangchuck National Referral Hospital (JDWNRH).
(Photo credit @kuenselonline.com)
To facilitate online teaching-learning at RTC please be advised on the following:
1. If you have any technical queries related to Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) including IT infrastructure and services, please contact IT office via facebook page and on the phone. Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/
2. If you have any general questions with regards to your academics, in addition to what your tutors have been providing, please call Academic Affairs at 77333848 during office hours.
3. Since we started conducting all our classes online/vle, there have been a few complaints from some of you about not being able to submit your work/assignments on time. Therefore,
- Please do not wait until the last minute for submission of your assignments.
- Always log in using your rtc email
11th March 2020
This is to inform all students that until in-person classes at RTC resume upon further notice, to ensure that we maintain progress in our teaching-learning, all classes will continue online. The class semester plans and CA (continuous assessment) submissions will continue. All RTC classes will be held online primarily using the VLE platform and other online resources such as Google Classroom, rtcCloud, and other available systems.
Due to this, all the RTC students are required to:
- Check your email on a regular basis and sign into your VLE account using your RTC email login.
- Attend the online classes and fulfill all the assigned CA tasks. In case if a student does not submit/ delays in any submissions, instructions related to any non-submissions or delayed submissions will be clearly given in the VLE and in general, such cases will be treated with the same rules as generally applied in regular classes at RTC.
- If any students face difficulty in accessing the RTC VLE page or accessing any of the required online materials, you can call (during office hours) at this number 77333848 for any assistance.
All the students are requested to stay safe and take necessary precautions.
Dr Shiva Raj Bhattarai
The Administration Office would like to inform all that the second gate near the Academic Block A has been shifted close to the Executive Center area and will remained closed as per existing practice/timings. Also, the parking beyond Academic Block A including Executive Center Parking is EXCLUSIVELY for authorised vehicles only, and the area upwards of previous second gate including Executive Center Parking is strictly a NO THOROUGH FARE zone as per signage already placed.
Unless prior approval is obtained from the Administration/Security Office, please note that your vehicle is not an authorized vehicle to be parked at the Executive Center Parking or any parking beyond the Academic Block A, and that Security has been asked to monitor strictly. Vehicles found parked at these location without approval will be asked to remove it immediately at any time and penalties will be levied accordingly.
Please take note of the above and comply with the sign board placed (copied below) and render kind cooperation to the Security Team who has been asked to monitor the area strictly.
Effective immediately, the Admin Office, in conjunction with Estate & SSD offices is pleased to announce that the newly built laundry unit is now fully operational. The new laundry unit is located close to the college dining/mess, roughly about 20m from the RTC-SEISA Fitness Centre.
With this, the existing Laundry Shop located below the dining will be consolidated and relocated at the new unit with immediate effect. The AFD would like to thank the current Laundry Shop which was run and managed by the students.
With an enhanced set up and dedicated staff attached, the new laundry unit is expected to operate for longer hours and provide better services.
The students are directed to go through the following two Policies in the Student hand Book:
21. Tobacco Policy
22. Alcohol & Drug Policy
It has been observed & reported that these 2 Policies are not being heeded to, whereby rampant smoking in the college premises is evident, controlled substances are being abused and dispersed, thereby making the College environment unconducive to learning.
Therefore all the students are hereby notified that STRICT MONITORING will be exercised, to the extent of being frisked whenever deemed necessary. And if found violating the policies, will be subject to disciplinary action.
PLEASE DON’T FEED DOGS ON CAMPUS
In view of the increasing dog population on campus, all students, faculty & staff are requested NOT TO FEED dogs on campus. Also, please DON’T ENTERTAIN or PATRONIZE them at any facility – Apartments, Academic spaces, Canteens, Dining Hall, Residence Halls, etc.
Please beware that these dogs are increasingly becoming menacing and could be dangerous.
Therefore, in the interest of your safety as well as the wellbeing of others, please refrain from feeding or patronizing the dogs on campus.