SWAG Design Contest:
The Royal Thimphu College in collaboration with Erasmus+ funded project FRIENDS (Furthering International Relations Capacities and Intercultural Engagement to Nurture Campus Diversity and to Support Internationalization at Home) launches the FRIENDS SWAG Design Contest.
About the Contest
The FRIENDS SWAG Design Contest aims to spark curiosity about the Erasmus+ funded project FRIENDS (Furthering International Relations Capacities and Intercultural Engagement to Nurture Campus Diversity and Support Internationalization at Home) among the project consortium’s stakeholders. The winning design shall be the official design for all the marketing SWAG associated with the FRIENDS project. About SWAG; the acronym swag means ‘stuff we all get’. The term is used to describe promotional merchandise which is branded with a logo or slogan and distributed at little or no cost to promote a brand.
KIND ATTENTION: ALL RTC DAY-SCHOLARS & C.E. STUDENTS
Please be informed that the City Bus service for Fall Semester will resume from 1st August 2019, for which kindly take note of the following:
- As in the earlier semesters, students who wish to avail the City Bus Service will need to avail prepaid cards compulsorily. Please note that the buses will be assigned based on the number of prepaid card holders and therefore, availing prepaid card is compulsory.
- The prepaid cards will need to be availed directly from the City Bus Office located just before the Lungtenzampa Bridge. Registration for the pre-paid cards will happen from 1st August, 2019 till 6th Aug, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday). Please call 325734.
- Buses will accept city bus tickets/coupon only until 6th August 2019 after which tickets/coupon will not be entertained, and prepaid cards will need to be shown physically thereafter.
- Students must carry the prepaid card at all times. Prepaid card shown as picture in the mobile phone will not be accepted. You will not be allowed to board the bus in case you fail to produce valid physical prepaid cards. Strict monitoring and inspections will be carried out.
- NO CASH TRANSACTIONS WILL BE ENTERTAINED IN THE BUS. Paying Bus fare in cash inside the bus is against the policy and any student transacting in cash will be liable for penalties as per the notification.
- For registration, please bring:
- Recent Passport Size Photograph - 1 No.
- Bus Fare as per following chart:
Bus fare as per RTC Academic calendar for Fall 2019 are as follows:
City Bus Services for RTC for Fall Semester 2019
|Sl #||Location||Bus fare as per RTC Academic calendar (including exam period)||Remarks|
|1||City Bus Terminal and Lungtenzampa Bridge, for both to and fro RTC||2,940||2,905||2,870||2,835||2,800||The number of days are calculated excluding RTC holidays and Saturdays, Sundays and inclusive of 30% students discount for availing the prepaid card. Exam duration & Saturdays are included.|
|2||Flyover, Olakha (Changjiji, Helipad and Shree Square), for both to and fro RTC||2,352||2,324||2,296||2,268||2,240|
|3||Tata Showroom, Honda and Dr. Tobgyel School, for both to and fro RTC||1,764||1,743||1,722||1,701||1,680|
|4||Twin Building, Babesa Zero Point and RTC Junction, for both to and fro RTC||1,176||1,162||1,148||1,134||1,120|
For further information please contact Administration Office at 351801/351802 (Ext 108/139) during office hours.
The Administration Office would like to inform all that the second gate near the Academic Block A has been shifted close to the Executive Center area and will remained closed as per existing practice/timings. Also, the parking beyond Academic Block A including Executive Center Parking is EXCLUSIVELY for authorised vehicles only, and the area upwards of previous second gate including Executive Center Parking is strictly a NO THOROUGH FARE zone as per signage already placed.
Unless prior approval is obtained from the Administration/Security Office, please note that your vehicle is not an authorized vehicle to be parked at the Executive Center Parking or any parking beyond the Academic Block A, and that Security has been asked to monitor strictly. Vehicles found parked at these location without approval will be asked to remove it immediately at any time and penalties will be levied accordingly.
Please take note of the above and comply with the sign board placed (copied below) and render kind cooperation to the Security Team who has been asked to monitor the area strictly.
Effective immediately, the Admin Office, in conjunction with Estate & SSD offices is pleased to announce that the newly built laundry unit is now fully operational. The new laundry unit is located close to the college dining/mess, roughly about 20m from the RTC-SEISA Fitness Centre.
With this, the existing Laundry Shop located below the dining will be consolidated and relocated at the new unit with immediate effect. The AFD would like to thank the current Laundry Shop which was run and managed by the students.
With an enhanced set up and dedicated staff attached, the new laundry unit is expected to operate for longer hours and provide better services.
The students are directed to go through the following two Policies in the Student hand Book:
21. Tobacco Policy
22. Alcohol & Drug Policy
It has been observed & reported that these 2 Policies are not being heeded to, whereby rampant smoking in the college premises is evident, controlled substances are being abused and dispersed, thereby making the College environment unconducive to learning.
Therefore all the students are hereby notified that STRICT MONITORING will be exercised, to the extent of being frisked whenever deemed necessary. And if found violating the policies, will be subject to disciplinary action.
PLEASE DON’T FEED DOGS ON CAMPUS
In view of the increasing dog population on campus, all students, faculty & staff are requested NOT TO FEED dogs on campus. Also, please DON’T ENTERTAIN or PATRONIZE them at any facility – Apartments, Academic spaces, Canteens, Dining Hall, Residence Halls, etc.
Please beware that these dogs are increasingly becoming menacing and could be dangerous.
Therefore, in the interest of your safety as well as the wellbeing of others, please refrain from feeding or patronizing the dogs on campus.